Alice & Eve 2020
Alice & Eve 2020 is a free, one day meeting to celebrate women in computing in the Netherlands. The event is open to everybody, from Bachelor and Master students up to full professors. This is the first time this event is held in the Netherlands. It is inspired by the BCS Lovelace Colloquium (see https://bcswomenlovelace.bcs.org/), which has been held for over 12 years. We hope to build up a similar tradition with Alice & Eve. The day will feature talks, a poster contest, an exhibition on women in computing, a free lunch and coffee breaks.
Date & Location
Alice & Eve will take place on January 24, 2020 in Waaier 3 at the University of Twente.
- The date: Friday, January 24, 2020
- The venue: University of Twente
- Poster submission deadline: Friday, December 20, 2019 (23:59)
The following speakers have already confirmed their participation in the event:
- Emily Jacometti, Flavour
- Stacey Jefferey, CWI
- Felienne Hermans, University of Leiden,
- Alexander Serebrenik, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Anna Sperotto, University of Twente
- Joyce Westerink, Eindhoven University of Technology
To enter the poster contest, you will have to write a 250 word abstract on the topic of your poster. Your abstract can be on any computing topic you like, e.g. it can be on a topic from social networking to quantum computing; and from medical image processing to formal verification. If it involves computers, we are interested. If you are not sure what a 250 word abstract looks like, we have some example abstracts here: https://bcswomenlovelace.bcs.org/?page_id=94 (from the British BCS Lovelace Colloquium).
Poster prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Bachelor students, including students from the universities of applied sciences (HBO)
- Master students
- PhD students & Post docs
We hope to be able to offer people’s choice prizes as well as first and second place in each category.nSubmit your abstract here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aliceeve2020
The poster selection committee and jury will consist of the following people:
- Fenia Aivaloglou, Leiden University
- Aysenur Bilgin, CWI
- Eleni Constantinou, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Lamia Elloumi
- Marieke Huisman, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Anna-Lena Lamprecht, Utrecht University
- Sophie Lathouwers, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Cynthia Liem, Delft University of Technology
- Veelasha Moonsamy, Radboud University
- Alma Schaafstal, University of Twente (co-chair)
- Marielle Stoelinga, University of Twente (co-chair)
Deadline: Friday 20 December 2019 (23:59)
Poster submission is open now at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aliceeve2020.
The colloquium is open to all (also without a poster), and free – you have to sign up online first though. Registration is open at https://fmt.ewi.utwente.nl/events/aliceandeve2020/registration/.
- Marieke Huisman, University of Twente
- Sophie Lathouwers, University of Twente
- Alma Schaafstal, University of Twente
- Marielle Stoelinga, University of Twente
If you have any other questions, feel free to email us on AliceAndEve2020@lists.utwente.nl