ASCI brings computing and imaging to life--become a member!
For 26 years now, ASCI has been a very successful research school for doctoral students and faculty members who specialize in the fields of computer systems and imaging systems. Become a member and be part of our community! You can be a member if your research group is a member of ASCI.
Members benefit from our high-level in-depth courses in computer science, the experimental environment offered by the DAS systems, the two annual conferences Compsys on computer systems and NCCV on imaging sponsored by ASCI, and our vast network of computer scientists in the Netherlands and the rest of the world. For example, the ASCI research school has partnerships with other research schools in the Netherlands, and because of this collaboration, ASCI members can take courses from these partner organisations free of charge or at cost price. And doctoral students who graduate successfully in ASCI, obtain a financial compensation for the printing costs of their dissertations.
What do I get?
- In-depth computing and imaging courses from renowned scientist and universities
- Choose courses from our Dutch partner organisations
Receive a 454 euro reward to compensate your printing costs if you successfully complete your defense
Individual ASCI Education Plan
|#||EDUCATION PLAN COMPONENTS||ECTS|
|– 3 x 4 ECTS courses|
|– 2 x 4 ECTS courses + 1 x summer school 4 ECTS|
|Must include ≥ 2 ASCI courses|
|2.||Give supervised presentations||6|
|Must include 3 x 2 ECTS supervised presentations.|
|An education plan provides sufficient work progress discussions and opportunities to attend seminars and colloquia. PhD students are expected to give at least 3 supervised presentations at these occasions.|
|3.||Conferences or workshops||6|
|3 x 2 ECTS conferences/workshops on writing or presenting.|
- All courses must be at PhD level.
- Courses in your submitted Education Plan may be changed. Submitted courses may be exchanged for other ASCI courses.
- An education plan must include at least 3 courses and may include summer/winter schools.
- You may include 1 course or summer/winter school that is not part of the ASCI course offerings (external course). External courses or external summer/winter school sessions must be approved by the ASCI Education Committee.